What is a detail assembly drawing?
A detail assembly drawing shows how all components are assembled
and provides all the necessary details, dimensions and joining techniques (including
welding) to fully assemble all or part of the project. It has several detailed
drawings within it.
- One or more of the components are drawn in more detail.
- All the individual components have item numbers, ie Item
1, Item 2 etc.
- The detail for these components is shown in the
assembly drawing or in separate views, or on a separate detail drawing.
- All the views necessary to gain a good understanding
of the drawing are shown.
- The measurements to manufacture the project are given.
Click the drawing below for a larger version.